About our projectHistoric rally project is of The University of Tokyo(UT for short) and The Honda Technical College Kanto(Honda college for short) began in 2010, for participating in car rally race abroad. In this year, we will enter the "Rallye Monte-Carlo Historique"(France and Monaco) with 6 racing vehicles to meet the requirements of the team award. Students restored 5 historic cars and finance by their hands. This is as a lesson in the university for education aims to the manufacturing, crafting and international culture.
Our goalOur goal is to enter the Rally Monte-Carlo Historique with 6 racing vehicles and to be awarded for the team award. And we have the corporate philosophy that "We impress all people by our passionate manufacturing activity" .
A car of us, spitefire, was immovable so Honda college students restored all to be able to join the race.
About our teamOur team has 30 member, which 14 people are students of the University of Tokyo and 16 people are students of Honda technical college Kanto. We also have a various departments to divide our big project work. Shown in below is a list of our departments.
- The University of Tokyo (undergraduate:7，graduate:7)
- Leaders in UT. 1 president and 3 subleader．
- PR : preside SNS and publish.
- Design : made Logo and sticker.
- Negotiating : is a contact for sponsors.
- Machine : maintenance cars.
- Rally computer : make indicator for rally race.
- Web : made this site and maintenance our data.
- Logistics : manage carriage.
- The Honda Technical College Kanto (16)
- Leaders in Honda College. 1 president and 2 subleader
- Interior Hardtop : make hardtop and restore interior.
- Electric : restore electrical parts.
- Body : restore car body.
- Transmission PowerTrain : restore machines about powertrain.
- Chassis : restore chassis.
- Engine : restore the engine.
EducationOur project is one of the lectures in the UT and the Honda college. In this section, we mention educational meaning of our project. "Education of manufacturing", "Promotion for Internationalizing" and "Consideration to diversity" are the keywords of our project. We now study engineering or other as classroom lectures, but the importance of making something ourselves increases nowadays.
"Education of manufacturing", we declared, means that we learn actual technology throughout repairing and building historic rally cars. Even though we regard the importance of classroom lecture, practical crafting make us tough and intellectual with systematical and actual based learning.
"Promotion for Internationalizing" is also important.